We know that choosing a senior living community can feel overwhelming — we’re here to help.
If you are considering placement immediately or in the near future, the best place to start is by contacting our Social Services office directly at (814) 836-5301.
Admission Process and Requirements
We specialize in serving older adults, most of whom are above the age of 65. Generally, your medical needs will be the primary factor in determining admission and what level of care is appropriate. We recommend speaking with a member of our team before submitting an application to discuss your needs and availability. There are no application fees.
During the admission process, a Saint Mary's team member will guide you through the steps. You'll be asked to complete an admission application and submit a medical evaluation conducted by a physician. You’ll also be asked to provide financial and insurance information to help determine your ability to pay for your care.
The following types of personal identification and documents will be requested upon admission. It may be helpful to prepare these items ahead of time.
- Social Security Card
- Medical Insurance Card(s)
- Driver's License or other photo ID
- Proof of Address (ex: utility bill verifying resident name/address)
- All persons are strongly encouraged to have an Advance Directive. Pennsylvania Law recognizes two types of Advance Directives:
- Living Will, also known as an Advance Directive for Health Care
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
What to Expect
From the Hospital
Prior to being discharged from the hospital, a hospital discharge coordinator or case manager will talk with you about your choices. You will need to make them aware that you wish to receive care at Saint Mary’s at Asbury Ridge. The hospital will then work with our Clinical Liaison to make arrangements for your transfer to Saint Mary’s. Once you arrive, our care team will help you get settled, meet with you to complete some paperwork and answer any questions you or your family might have.
- Tip: Ask for Saint Mary’s
- If you or your loved one is in the hospital and requires the care of a skilled nursing facility, you can tell the hospital that Saint Mary’s at Asbury Ridge is your first choice for placement. All you have to do is ask for Saint Mary's.
- Tip: Plan Your Stay
- If you are planning ahead for a scheduled surgery such as a knee or hip replacement, let us know. You can contact Saint Mary’s at Asbury Ridge in advance to arrange for your rehab stay post-surgery.
If you’re beginning to think about senior living options for you or your loved one, we can help assist you in determining what level of care might best fit your needs. We’ll guide you through the process, discuss availability and help you establish a plan for next steps.
Individuals who are currently residing at home will need to submit an application for admission and will need to be seen by their physician in order to complete a medical evaluation. Each person seeking admission will need to complete these steps.
We know the best way to determine if a community is right for you is to see it for yourself! We can meet with you in-person or start the conversation over the phone based on your schedule and whatever is more convenient for you and your family.
Explore Our Campus
We’re happy to show you around! Contact us to schedule an in-person tour or explore our campus by viewing our photo gallery.